• These rings will require opening up the headlights to install (which may require heating the headlights up in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes on a cookie sheet).This kit is made to clip-in once you remove the original plastic ring on the DEPO brand Headlight, so basically NO GLUE is required. Please note Headlight assembly is NOT included in this kit and they are NOT interchangeable to any other model/year of vehicle, so please purchase the vehicle application carefully. - 2000-2003 BMW E53 X5 DEPO Headlight - 2006-2012 BMW E90 / E91 DEPO Headlight
• Installer will also need to use A+B Epoxy 3-Minutes Glue to secure the rings inside the headlights. The models that are required to do so are: - 2004-2006 BMW E46 2D/Convertible OEM Headlight - 2006-2008 BMW E90 / E91 W/ Projector OEM Headlight
• USR's UHP (Ultra High Power) LED Angel Eye Halo upgrade kit is simply the best, brightest, most durable and with Limited Lifetime Warranty LED Angel Eye out on the market.
• These rings include hard Anti-UV Protective PVC Clear Casing which protects the High Powered SMD LEDs inside. This is not a universal size and therefore, it is crucial to select the correct year/model/type of headlight.
• For models that are designed for DEPO Brand's Projector Angel Eye Headlights, they are of Plug & Play designed - The clips behind rings simply allow you to remove DEPO's plastic ring cover and clip them right in! When powering the Angel Eye, the white plastic female sockets simply click right into the DEPO's male connector. No gluing, trimming or splicing needed!
• UHP LEDs has 50000mcf brightness - 4 Times Brighter than the easily broken CCFL. Our UHP LEDs are DAYTIME VISIBLE - It is the BRIGHTEST of all other angel eye halo kits on the market.
• Minor drilling is needed for Angel Eye's wirings to go through the back headlights to connect to power which should be re-seal the drilled hole with tiny bit of silicon so no water can get back in.
• Brand NEW - 4 Pieces (Rings) - Made by Unique Style Racing • Ultra High Powered (UHP) White LED Angel Eye Halo Kit, including LED Resistor Packages.
• Brand New - 100% Never Been Used.
• Please be sure to select correct Year/Model and Type (OEM or DEPO) for proper fitment and usage.
• What is UHP (Ultra High-Power) LED Angel Eyes? As many of you know, BMW started the Angel Eyes (Halo), also known as DDE or demon eyes trend in the late 90s, which has now been set as the standard for all new BMWs. Unfortunately, some of the earlier BMW models are not equipped with this beautiful feature or for others that do come with the Factory equipped Angel Eyes, it comes with the standard Angel Eyes which are very dim and are yellowish in color.
So, the solution to improve the Factory Standard look emerged to be CCFL. CCFL stands for Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light and uses very little energy, has a long operation life (given that it is handled properly) and produces a much brighter, amazing light output. CCFL is indeed amazing. However, it also has its downsides; CCFL by nature, needs some "warm-up" time when operating in lower temperatures in order to get to its full brightness. CCFL requires an inverter to light up the rings as well, the inverter sometimes do fail. By then, the CCFL rings do need to be replaced in order for the system/feature to be fully operational again. CCFL is essentially a glass tube - which, like any glass, can be fragile and break if mishandled. So, the CCFL rings are good looking perfect, but it's not perfect. What is our solution then? The UHP (Ultra High-Power) L.E.D! L.E.D stands for Light Emitting Diode which is currently used in all the latest, high-end, luxury and racing vehicles. Automotive industries were able to research what is already known about the technology and proceeded to develop and improve it substantially within the last 5-10 years! You may wonder why LED products are only offered on the high-end, luxury and racing vehicles? That is because they are the best, that's why!
LED's general characteristics are: fast response time, energy efficiency, ultra long life, durable which are the reasons we use them as well. We don't just use the standard LEDs. We use the latest generation, High-Power LEDS which are 4x brighter than the traditional LEDs. Our UHP LED Angel Eyes are visible in Daylight and even brighter than CCFL. It does not use inverters like the CCFL so no need to worry about inverter failure. The LEDs are not made of glass like the CCFL tube, so not CCFL tubes to break! Even better, LEDs have a substantial faster response time and no cold start-up issues like the CCFL. In summary, we got rid of all the downsides of the CCFL and give you an even sharper, brighter, longer life, more durable product, the UHP LED Angel Eyes with LIFETIME WARRANTY!
Limited Lifetime Warranty Disclaimer:
The UHP LED Angel Eye System Carries Limited Lifetime Warranty. The Warranty will be void if the UHP LED Angel Eye System shows any sign of physical damage to it. In addition, damage that is caused by improper installation, collision, negligence, misuse, or alteration will also void the warranty. This is an automotive related product, by nature they are subject to have various degree of use and wear. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. This warranty is only for new replacement part, not a refund on the product. All return must obtain a pre-approved RMA (Return Merchant Authorization) from the seller prior to returning or the return will be refused. When reporting an issue and/or claiming warranty, buyer are responsible to provide valid purchase information as well as a valid proof of issue with documentations if seller requests it. If a warranty replacement is approved/granted, buyers are responsible for both way shipping plus a $5.00 handling fee, handling fee is to prevent anyone abusing the warranty coverage. The limited lifetime warranty is set to limit the replacement coverage up to eight angel eye rings maximum. This warranty is not transferable, it is only honored to the original purchaser.
4 DOOR SEDAN
5 DOOR WAGON
4 DOOR SEDAN
5 DOOR WAGON
4 DOOR SEDAN
4 DOOR SEDAN
5 DOOR WAGON
4 DOOR SEDAN
Halogen vs HID vs LED
The current Auto lighting industry has three standard bulb technologies integrated for headlight use. The three headlight standards are
1) Halogen, 2) HID, or 3) LED based.
Advantages for LED
HOW TO TELL IF I HAVE FACTORY XENON
There are a few ways to check but the requirement is that you must have stock setup.
“Bi-Xenon” means high and low beam are both genuine xenon HID, but the real (OEM Standard) bi-xenon is that the Low and High Beam uses the same xenon bulb and ballasts in the same projector which that projector has an electric controlled shutter built in (in front of light bulb but behind the glass projector lens).
Auto-Leveling is the new feature that was introduced in the late 90. Auto-Leveling is a feature that incorporates a motor/servo built in a headlight which operates/actuates the headlight's inner adjustment mounts, which moves the Beam output angle up and down (either by car's ECU/OBC automatically or via a Self-Leveling Switch inside the car cabin). This headlight feature is to provide the best lighting angle for the headlight beam output, which helps maximizes the driver's visibility while also doubling to help not blind the oncoming traffic.
ADAPTIVE FRONT-LIGHT SYSTEM (AFS)
Introduced to the high end vehicles around year 2003, the AFS differs from Auto-Leveling that moves up and down, instead moves the headlight beam left / right to help driver see the upcoming curved road better. Rather than the mechanical linkages employed in earlier directional-headlamp systems, AFS relies on electronic sensors, transducers and actuators. Other AFS techniques include special auxiliary optical systems within a vehicle's headlamp housings. These auxiliary systems may be switched on and off as the vehicle and operating conditions call for light or darkness at the angles covered by the beam the auxiliary optics produce.
A typical system measures steering angle and vehicle speed to swivel the headlamps. The most advanced AFS systems use GPS signals to anticipate changes in road curvature, rather than simply reacting to them. To know whether you have AFS system or not, you can see if your headlight beam moving left / right when you change the direction of the steering wheel, but again that is not 100% scientific, so the best way is actually call to any dealer and give them your VIN number and they will be able to let you know if you have stock equipped AFS headlight or not.
DAY-TIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL)
DRL stands for Daytime Running Light which originally was developed and used in countries that are more prone to foggy conditions and it is a safety feature which has now become standardized by many car manufacturers. In some countries, it is by law required features (such as Canada). Please note that the DRL feature is not site specific on a vehicle. As long as the supposed “DRL” Light remains on during the day (with the Parking Brake disengaged) and turns off OR becomes dimmer (automatically) when the “Parking Light” Light is engaged, then the supposed light should be your DRL.
There are two main types of Day-time Running Lights Halogen DRL vs. LED DRL. There are other types of DRL, however to keep things simple, we will focus on the two main types. The picture example above shows the different projections between LED and Halogen.
DRL may use your low beam or high beam or others, but it is normally supplied only with 27.5W power versus the original 55W halogen bulbs used in the halogen low beam or halogen high beam. So it might create an issue if you upgrade a genuine xenon HID system to the headlight if the DRL function is using the new xenon HID system. This is because standard xenon HID needs 35W to power it, while DRL is only supplied with 27.5W, it means the system is underpowered. Flickering, error message, not able to fire it up would be the common issue if you have DRL powering the HID system. To solve it, the installer can either disable the DRL feature altogether or do minor re-wiring so the DRL is powering something else other than the new HID light.
Kelvin temperature is commonly mistaken for the heat or brightness output of the HID Bulb. The Kelvin temperature only deals with the "color" output the Bulb emits as each colors covers a certain Kelvin range. The "K" for instance in "8000K" represents the certain bulb color temperature output, and it's the abbreviation for the word Kelvin. Below is a chart showing you the range of the Kelvin temperatures. Lower Kelvin temperature will emit a more red output. The normal halogen lamp color temperature is rated at 3200K.
VEHICLE SPORTS PACKAGE OR BUMPER
Car manufactures have recently implemented Sports packages for certain of their chassis by creating a sub-segment that widens their market and to fulfill market demands. Sports packages are commonly associated with performance cars such as Audi, BMW, MBZ, and Lexus. Each car manufacturer have their own Sports package brand.
PRE-FACELIFT VS FACELIFT
Most car's production period (chassis life) is around 4 to 6 years. In between each chassis production period the car manufacturer usually will make minor improvements (design-wise and/or engine-wise) after 2 to3 years after its initial chassis introduction. This is to update the car's look and to stimulate market. The first half of the production period (before the manufacturer updates the chassis) is commonly referred as Pre-Facelift, whereas post half of the chassis production period is referred as Facelift.
Life Cycle Impulse (LCI) - BMW term for facelift or update to existing series. Life cycle inventory, part of a Life cycle assessment to stimulate sales. LCI is typically known as "Facelift" for BMW vehicles.
AFS- Adaptive Front-light System DRL- Day-time Running Lights ECU- Engine control unit GPS- Global Positioning System HID- High Intensity Discharge K- Kelvin OBC- On Board Computer OBD- On-Board Diagnostics OEM- Original Equipment Manufacturer PnP- Plug and Play RMA- Return Merchant Authorization VIN- Vehicle Identification Number